We would be delighted if you would consider signing with The Choristers. The choir actively seeks singers for all voice parts before each concert season until three weeks after the first rehearsal. Please find below some basic introductory information about singing with The Choristers.
How do I audition?
- To schedule an audition, please contact Artistic Director David Spitko at 215-542-7871 or email DSpitko@TheChoristers.org.
- For auditions, the Artistic Director has prospective singers perform warm-ups and vocalizations. Then, prospective singers sing a musical piece of their choosing accompanied by the Artistic Director. Sight reading is not part of the audition process, although the ability to read music is required for participation in the choir.
What kind of music does The Choristers perform?
The Choristers seeks to foster an appreciation of music within the community by offering performances of challenging and/or neglected choral works. The Choristers’ repertoire spans a variety of styles, centuries, cultures, and languages. While the choir does present many sacred works as most of the choral repertoire is such, it also performs secular music.
Is there any cost to participate?
Yes. Dues and music fees are due at the beginning of the fall and spring concert seasons. Membership dues and music fees are currently $100/season. Singers keep their music at the completion of the season. Cost must not be a barrier to participation. Scholarships from the Donna Boesler Scholarship Fund are available for those singers who have such a need.
When and where does the choir rehearse?
- Rehearsals are held on Friday nights from 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Supplee Presbyterian Church, Maple Glen, PA. A complete rehearsal schedule is distributed in July prior to the start of each concert year. Click here to view the most recent rehearsal schedule.
- The 3 weeks immediately preceding a concert, rehearsals are held at our concert venue, Trinity Lutheran Church, Lansdale, PA.
- An additional Sunday rehearsal is required which is one week before the fall and spring concerts.
Is there a performance uniform?
- Women - Uniform black dress ($75), black stockings, black shoes. The Choristers will fit new singers for the dress during one of their first rehearsals.
- Men - black suit or tuxedo, white shirt, black bow tie.
- Scholarships for concert attire are available.